Who can benefit from semi permanent make-up?
Semi Permanent Make-Up is a truly fantastic solution for those that desire more prominent eyebrows, fuller lips or defined eyes, male or female. Whether they are busy professionals in the sports industry, beauty industry, entertainers, or are just busy mums. Either way, Semi Permanent Make-Up provides freedom from the daily application of conventional make-up, which is extremely liberating whatever the profession.
Here are some other examples of people who would benefit from Semi-Permanent Make-Up;
* Alopecia patients who have lost all or some of their facial hair, including eyebrows or eyelashes. They were need 2 appointments or more.
* Chemotherapy patients who may loose facial hair before their chemotherapy treatment or after.
* Anyone who may suffer allergies with conventional makeup.
* Anyone who has unsteady hands and finds applying make-up difficult whether it's a confidence issue or through a medical condition such as Arthritis, Parkinson disease, or Multiple Sclerosis etc
* Visually impaired people who have difficulty applying make-up.
How long does Semi Permanent Make-up last?
Semi Permanent Make-Up should last anywhere between 18 months to 5 years depending on certain factors such as; age, health, medication, skin type and sun exposure. However, it is perfectly normal that over time colour will break down and fade which is why it is suggested to have a top up procedure within 3 months form the initial treatment, and then every 6 months to keep the look fresh.
Overall, the intensity of colour for all areas will last approximately 3-7 days. Within this time natural exfoliation occurs causing the pigment to fade by 40 - 60% and a lighter more natural colour will emerge over 4 - 6 weeks, by which time the top-up is due.
Does Semi Permanent Make-Up Hurt?
No, the most that is felt is the vibration of the needle. Topical anesthetic is applied followed by a secondary anesthetic during treatment. This usually results in clients feeling perfectly comfortable and relaxed during the procedure.
Is Semi Permanent Make-Up Safe?
Yes, the strictest hygiene and sterilization standards are adhered to. The machine used has a 2a medical certification and the treatment environment is set up to an A-septic standard. Only pre-packed brand new sterile cartridges are used for each client. For those that request a patch test, this is offered 24 hours prior to the first procedure. If a reaction were to occur, it would be noticeable within 2 hours, however, 99.9% of people do not have any reaction at all.
How will I look Immediately After Treatment?
Many people are able to carry on with their duties as normal whether it’s going back to work or going out to meet friends for lunch. However, it is to be expected that after the brow procedure they will appear quite dark and intense with colour. For the eyeliner treatment, the eyes will appear slightly more swollen and for the lip treatment, they will not appear swollen at all, just bright in colour like lipstick.
Important Factors to Remember:
* You may resume back to normal activity straight after treatment.
* Slight swelling will be gone within 2-3 days.
* Slight flaking over the area during healing (which must not be touched).
* 40-60% of the pigment will fade after initial treatment.
* Additional treatment needed after initial procedure 4-6 weeks later.
* End results will be soft natural enhancement.
Can I Have An MIR Scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)?
Some clients may experience a tingling sensation and the pigments will show up on the scan. Therefore it is highly recommended that you inform the MRI specialist beforehand.
Can I Have Facial (Hair) Laser Treatments?
Once you've had Semi Permanent Make-Up it is advised that you avoid laser passing over the treated area, as it may alter the colour. Again, it is highly recommended that you inform the laser specialist beforehand.
Can I Have Facial Injections Such As Botox and or Dermal Fillers?
Please note that when you have Semi Permanent Make-up, cosmetic injections such as Botox and or Dermal Fillers must be done 6 weeks prior or 6 weeks post to the treatment.
Can I have a Glycolic Peel?
This must be done 1 weeks prior or 1 week post to Semi Permanent Make-Up.
Tell Me About the After Care and What to Expect?
All clients are given a comprehensive after care guide, along with verbal instructions and a follow up text message the next day.